Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Week 2

Although we are into our second full day of week 3's programming, I still think it is okay to blog about week 2 since I did not get a change to over the weekend. :)

Week 2 was beyond challenging...to put it simply. I was extremely excited to meet the youth with a non-labeling attitude...but despite that, connecting with the youth last week was simply put, a no-go for me. I felt like I was barely hanging on to get through the week. Physical, emotional, and spiritual exhaustion was rampant through me, but God still worked through me and our other staff. Nights when Club (basically youth group for the teens starting at 8:45 pm) seemed impossible to do, God filled me with the energy I needed to play music and give talks...I and the other staff noticed that the talks given last week were phenomenal. I'm not saying that because I want to brag, but out of a sense of awe at God's provision when I barely had the desire to be in the front to speak truth and love into the youth. He provided in huge ways for me last week, and I know many of our other staff would say the same for themselves. :)

A special blog post is to come as soon as I have access to pictures. I was unable to blog about last week over the weekend due to my friends getting married! Randy and Kelsey got married on Saturday, and I had the honor of being in the wedding. It was so great to see the friends I grew up with, and some of my family as well- it never gets old going home and seeing friends and family....no I am not at all homesick!

I hope you all have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment