Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Psalm 46:1-3

This morning during devos, our them was "More Be, Less Do." In all honesty, this is something I really struggle with- taking the time to focus on a couple of verses, meditate, and really think through what God is trying to say to me. Whenever we introduce the day's theme, one of us prays, and whenever that one of us is me, I always ask God to bless devo time....half the time I honestly don't do devotions, I instead take care of other things that need to be done, or I'll check my e-mail/facebook. Lord have patience with me. However, today, God definitely blessed me during the time I spent with Him...I feel impressed to blog what I wrote in my journal today...

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling." -Psalm 46:1-3

God,

You truly are my refuge & my strength. This summer You have brought me peace & solace when I have desperately needed it. You have given me strength when I physically could barely stand. Truly You have been present with me every moment of this summer. Even when I haven't recognized or acknowledged Your presence, You have been my very present help- when my weaknesses were ever present, Your strength & help superseded them. I have no reason to fear the unknown when You have faithfully proven Yourself over and over and over again. Why should I be anxious about how we will make ends meet and quickly pay off student debt? Why should I be nervous about what others think of me or how they view my lifestyle? I have no reason to fear, for You are my ever present help in times of trouble. Even if I am feeling like I am in waaaaay over my head and my worries and current circumstances shout out in loud and overwhelming voices, even if I start to wonder what it all means & am struggling, I will choose courage in You. I will place my trust in You. Like the mountains placed in the sea with waves roaring and foaming, causing them to tremble I will not doubt You, nor Your plan for my life. You have blessed me many times over, You have honored my attempts to bring You glory and by Your grace have forgiven me when I have miserably failed to glorify You. You are my refuge and strength in Whom I trust. I love & need You more than I will ever be able to express.

No comments:

Post a Comment