Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Fall!

Fall is here...officially, with gusts of wind and cold mornings. But, I love it! I love sweatshirt weather, and it's definitely sweatshirt weather right now. Waking up with a cup of coffee or tea has become something I look forward to when getting up for the day. There really isn't any other feeling quite like it...being warmed up from the inside out.

Today I was reminded of how God works in us from the inside out. He convicts us of sin in our hearts, and when we truly repent, not only does an inward change occur, but so does an outward change.

I've really been battling lonliness and apathy this last month...until I realized (for the 500th time) that my joy and contentment NEEDS to come from God. Not only does true joy and contentment come from Him, but I must realize my need for those things to come from Him. Otherwise, I am fighting a losing battle.

God is so good! For those of you in the Eau Claire area, you should come to Harvestime Church on Monday, Oct 5 at 6:30 pm. I've been given the opportunity to share my story of what God has done in my life, and I would love for you to be able to hear it!

I hope you're all enjoying this change in the weather as much as I am!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hannah and Andy,

    I'm so happy to you two are so happy together! I really want to come stay with you for a weekend sometime. I'm very busy with school and this International student Organization (called L.I.F.E.) most weekends, but maybe by next month I'll have a free weekend.

    Much Love

    ReplyDelete