Friday, July 2, 2010

Week 3

Yay for doing well with my summer goal of weekly updates! Don't expect this to last once the summer is over...I'll do my best though!

Week three has been amazing in so many different ways. The youth this week were really a blessing to work with...and they had a lot of surprises to deal with throughout the week. On Monday morning, due to a church function, all the girls had to move their ALL their stuff upstairs for the day, and reset it Monday night. Also on Sunday night, the water was supposedly supposed to be shut off for only 5 minutes, but it turned into 15 hours of no water. Monday afternoon we realized a toilet was broken, and the 40-something girls were down to two functioning toilets, and then, the 12 hour flu started to spread on Thursday night...but through it all, we heard zero complaining about any of this. Really, looking back on this week, it is quite comical. Thankfully, the youth were great about everything, and even intentionally looked for different ways in which they could help out.

God also blessed this week by giving us energy, health, and breakthroughs as a team/staff. I am extremely blessed by my team and how well we work together. Everyone has so many different strengths, and it is really great to see how those strengths come in handy in different situations. I'm excited to see what week 4 will bring!

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady, looks like you guys are doing awesome up there! I'm excited to see you two at the ryan/josie wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I can't wait to see you guys too!

    ReplyDelete