Friday, July 9, 2010

Week 4

This week was so crazy! Between four of the staff getting the stomach flu, and dealing with unique circumstances this week, I don't know how we made it through other than by the grace of God. He has been so faithful in all that He provides to help us through each week.

I had a great time this week with the youth. There were definitely a few that I connected with on a deeper level, and I hope to remain in contact with them. It is so interesting to me the differences in group dynamics each week. Sometimes more than not, the dynamics are set by the adult leaders who bring their youth to Sault Ste. Marie. I constantly find myself being intimidated by the adult leaders...I don't know why I allow this to happen. Usually by the end of the first day of programming, I realize how silly I'm being and that the one thing that matters is that I bring glory to God through my heart and actions...not if the adult leaders think I have it together and know what is going on. I constantly struggle with this. Feeling accepted by peers, and those younger & older than me...I guess I didn't realize that as much before as I have this week. I'm hoping God helps me grow in this area. Obviously I know where my focus is to be & where true acceptance lies, but why is that sometimes so hard to put into action?

Thank you so much for your continued support through prayer this summer. I have been incredibly challenged within the last four weeks of programming. The perfectionist & planner in me daily struggles to find the balance between flexibility & maintaining a sense of order. God had given me a lot of grace to help me be flexible with a joyful attitude. :) Please continue to pray for guidance & a continued focus on God for the remaining four weeks of programming. We are halfway done with programming, and although I am excited for what the next four weeks hold, I am also excited to know what God has store for us. Please pray for me to be patient & to wholeheartedly trust in God's plan....I know it is a great one!

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment