Saturday, July 31, 2010

Week 8

You know why I love dark chocolate? Because it is somewhat bitter, but also oh so sweet. That's what this feels like. I am terribly sad we are leaving the UP, but am so excited about where God is taking us...wherever that may be! We are still unsure as to where we are supposed to go, but I know it is going to be great! I found out a couple days ago that I didn't get the job I interviewed for, but in all honesty, I am still at peace. I know God has a plan, and it will unfold in due time! But enough about me....this is my last week of the series of the YouthWorks summer....so here goes!

This last week was amazing. I was sick Sunday & Monday and wasn't able to connect with the participants or spend anytime with them...usually this sets the tone for the rest of the week, and it is extremely difficult to make connections with participants, but this week was different. This group was welcoming, excited to be here, and put for extra effort to get to know me...usually that's my job! I was so blessed by this last group- they truly shine for Jesus and poured everything they had into this community. We've had some amazing groups (34 different churches!) come through this summer, and this group was definitely among the amazing...am I allowed to say that? I guess so...it is MY blog!

Anyway...this summer as a whole has been ridiculously challenging, but also ridiculously fulfilling. Kind of like Thanksgiving dinner....it is a lot of work to put it together, but once the meal is ready, and everyone eats their full, a feeling of personal satisfaction and fulfillment inevitably comes. Why am I comparing everything to food today? Maybe its because I'm hungry..and I'm waiting for my blueberry pancakes to finish being cooked through all the way...or maybe like every other pregnant woman (if you haven't checked facebook, you should!) I seem to be ALWAYS hungry. lol

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you guys! We are excited to see you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete