Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Yes, I know...FINALLY an update!

Well...I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been that great lately about updating the blog. After our adventure in Michigan, I think I hit writer's block as well as I honestly felt like I didn't have much to say. This was due mostly to the fact that I didn't really have anything to update anyone on. For two months we were in limbo in which we had no idea where God was leading us. For some of you, this post and its details are old news already, but regardless, I feel I owe it to the sake of my blog to write an update.

From the end August through the beginning of October, we lived with our wonderful friends, J & C. They and their two children were a huge blessing during a time of need & uncertainty for Andrew and I. We asked if we could spend the night at their house during an extended weekend in Eau Claire, and the morning after, they offered us their spare bedroom for as long as we needed it. God definitely made it clear that not only did He want us in Eau Claire, but that the puzzle He designed for us was going to be put together by Him....not me. lol

While living with J & C, I was able to do some babysitting, and also started selling jewelry to bring in some extra income. Andrew was able to chop wood for my brother's landlord & djay some dances for our good friends B & T. Looking back on our financial situation, I fully realize that it was God alone who continuously provided for us...not once were we in financial need during our time of transition from YouthWorks to steady jobs.

Recently (as in within the last three weeks), we moved into a 2 bedroom basement apartment on the west side of EC, Andrew started working full time at Menards Distribution Center, and I started working part time as the Interim Director of Children's Ministry at our church. I also picked up some hours at PESI (where I worked during my last year of college) to help out with their busy season. Andrew really likes working at Menards...a lot more than he thought he was going to! I've really enjoyed my time working with the kids at church- they have stretched my patience more than I ever thought possible, but at the same time have completely melted my heart! The church just hired a full time children's minister for the children's ministry, and I will be done working at the end of this month. Perfect timing! I can't imagine how some women are able to work full time throughout their pregnancies...there's no way I could!

Speaking of pregnancies, mine is going very well. Apart from being tired 24/7 and battling the occasional heartburn, I really have no complaints. I have been blessed with a great first pregnancy. :) The baby moves around A LOT, and recently had a growth spurt. The heartbeat is usually between 130-140 whenever we go in for check ups. I am excited to meet our baby....I wonder if its possible to predict what your baby is going to be like based off of your pregnancy. If so, I predict a baby who doesn't need much sleep, is VERY active. I better get used to being tired. lol

I know this is somewhat of an essay, but this update is long overdue. But, since I've already written this much, I might as well keep going!

If you could continue to keep us in your prayers, that would be amazing. We highly doubt our insurance is going to cover much if any of the delivery- God has been so incredibly faithful in the area of our finances, that I know I don't need to worry, but somehow in my human-ness, I do. Sigh...oh me of little faith. Please pray for God's will to be done in this area, and that I will continue to grow in faith as we hand this situation over to Him and do what we can to prepare as much as possible for the bills to come. I am also starting to get a little nervous about what I'm going to do when this little baby comes into the world...I know a lot is going to change, and although I am introverted, I really need quality time with my husband and close friends. I obviously want my child to be a priority, but I don't want my life to be defined by my child...pray I find the balance. But most importantly, pray that Andy and I will be Godly parents who desire to seek God's will in all we do.

Thanks for your patience....the last few months have been stretching, challenging, restful, nerve-racking, and so much more all in one....blogging was the last thing I wanted to do since I had no idea how to form my thoughts and feelings into something that was worth reading. I hope you're all doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Hannah. I think about you guys a lot... though my lack of communication would disprove this. Miss you guys a lot.

    ReplyDelete