Monday, October 12, 2009

Despite Chaos.....

Hello my Faithful Readers!

Wow-ca-zow. The last week or so has been NUTS! Ups and downs have been quite extreme, but through it all, God's peace remains. Between finding out again that a job I interviewed for has already been filled to experience complete restoration in a rocky relationship, this last week has been full of surprises! I've been challenged to put into practice the well-known verse "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7. However, as I was looking at this passage today, I was looking at verse 5. "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."

Wow. Despite my circumstances, I need to be a bright, shining light of gentleness. I love the concept of gentleness. Sometimes, we mistakenly equalize "gentleness" with timidness or weak-minded. But having a gentle spirit during a trying time requires a vast amount of strength that only comes from the Lord. I have been challenged to live this way despite our financial situation, how demanding school is for me, or work for Andy, despite sickness or sorrow....I am to let my gentleness be evident to all.

Thanks you Jesus for Your Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment