Thursday, October 29, 2009

Overdue Update!

Sorry for the delay in posting! The last two weeks have been nuts with school and job searching! An update on the job search:

Andy: We received a letter in the mail saying that there are not enough positions available at this time to offer a training class for the Correctional Officer position. Frustrating at first, but comforting knowing that God has a plan for us, and right now that isn't part of it. Andy's been on the hunt for a full-time position, but in the mean time, he's picking up a paper route. Thank you, husband for how hard you work to meet our needs!

Hannah: Well, this week started off with a rejection e-mail from a retail store for a seasonal position...I just had to laugh. Somehow, I was unqualified for a seasonal position at a retail store...I said to myself "I have reached the epitomy of my job search! This is so ridiculous, it's hilarious!" However, I received a call from a company I had interviewed at for a secretarial position on Tuesday. They called to ask if I'd be interested in meeting with them to discuss a full-time position opportunity within their company. Um YES?! Based off my original interview, they are confident I would be able to fulfill the duties of the position within 25-30 hours. We're having a lunch meeting at noon on Monday, so please be praying!

I have a cool verse/passage to share, but I'm in class right now (sneaky, I know!) so I'll have to share later!

Have a great Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment